This frog egg sensory bin is the perfect activity to compliment your pond themed lessons. Your preschooler is going to have a great time exploring a frogs habitat, and learning more about it's life cycle. The realistic "frog spawn" add a fun touch to this sensory experience. The magic is in the surprise ingredient-basil seeds!
In order to make this sensory experience you will need the following supplies:
1. First we are going to make our "Pond" slime base. To do this, mix 1 c. water, and 1 c. clear glue in a bowl.
2. Add food coloring. We used 3 drops of green, and 2 drops of neon green.
3. Add 1 c. liquid starch to your water/glue mixture and brisky stir for about 2 minutes, until all of the ingredients have been mixed together. You should be able to stretch it to see that your slime has formed. Let it sit while you make the "frog eggs" add-in.
4. Now we are going to make our "Frog Eggs". Start by, pouring your basil seeds into a separate bowl.
5. Slowly add 1/3 c. clear (or dyed) water to the bowl
6. Let your basil seeds sit, until they have absorbed the water and formed a Frog Egg like consistency.
7. Now it's time to pour your pond slime and frog eggs into a sensory bin. Use your hands to mix them together!
8. Lastly add foam lily pads and rubber frogs to your pond sensory bin.
We recommend the following books to compliment this activity
You might also like:
Compliment this activity with these products:
What can I help you find?