On my recent trip to the Dollar Tree I was inspired by all of the Halloween Items.
I ran across these stretchy spiders insects and knew I needed to create a Printable to share with you! My Dollar Tree had an assortment of creepy crawlies to choose from. For this activity I picked up some spiders, beetles, flies, and worms. These would be great to use for your Worms Snails & Slugs Unit as well.
For this Counting activity young children will have the opportunity to practice counting spiders or practice counting the bugs that get caught in the spiders web. Using the number cards provided, they will place the corresponding number of objects on the web mat.
You will need:
1. A Copy of My Free Spider Web Counting Mat
2. Manipulatives of your choice (Beans, Pom Poms, or plastic bugs)
3. Scissors or Paper Cutter
4. Laminator (Optional)
2. Laminate for durability (optional)
3. Cut away the counting cards from the mat
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PLAY:
This activity is meant for a single child, however it can be easily adapted into a Multi-Player Activity.
1. Turn the number cards face down.
2. The Child flips over the number card, and places the appropriate number of "Counters" on the Mat.
3. The Child Clears the Card, and repeats the action until all of the Cards have been used.
4. You can also incorporate Addition and Subtraction for Older Children.
Download Your Freebie
Download this freebie in my shop. While you're there be sure to check out my other Spider Theme Activities!
What can I help you find?