Tacky the Penguin Pre-K Book Companion
This Tacky the Penguin Pre-K Book Companion has been designed to complement the book Tacky the Penguin by Helen Lester.
Tacky is an odd bird, or so his friends think. Then one day Tacky becomes the hero and his friends realize it’s okay to be different.
Printable Preschool Tacky the Penguin Book Companion Set
Our Preschool Tacky the Penguin Book Companion Set includes a carefully crafted collection of activities designed to complement the book; fostering early literacy skills, and vocabulary development.
Book Companion Activities:
- Immerse young learners in the story with engaging Vocabulary and Discussion Questions
Enhance comprehension and language skills while supporting children in celebrating their individuality. Note: The book " Tacky the Penguin” by Helen Lester is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library.
Book Review Worksheet:
- Encourage reflection and critical thinking with our Book Review Worksheet. This page provides an opportunity for children to express their thoughts and feelings about the story, promoting language development and comprehension.
Design a Shirt for Tacky Printable Extension Activity:
- Extend the learning experience by inviting preschoolers to create a custom designed shirt for Tacky.
This 6-pg. .pdf file also includes Table of contents, Terms of Service, and Directions. Please make sure you have the most current free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your PC.
- Complements " Tacky the Penguin” by Helen Lester: Specifically designed to align with the featured book. Please note that the book itself is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library separately.
- Interactive Learning: Activities are thoughtfully crafted to engage preschoolers, promoting vocabulary development, comprehension, and critical thinking.
- Printable and Reusable: Conveniently print the pages you need for multiple uses, making it suitable for classrooms, homeschooling, or a cozy activity at home.
How to Use:
1. Obtain the Book: Purchase or borrow a copy from your preferred retailer or local library.
2. Print and Explore: Print the companion activities and dive into the story with Vocabulary and Discussion Questions, fostering engagement and understanding.
3. Reflect: Use the Book Review Worksheet to encourage thoughtful reflection and expression of feelings about the story.
4. Extend the Fun: Invite preschoolers to recall the events of the story by engaging in fun hands on activities.
Pre-K Printables Club Members:
Log in and Click here to download this for free!
Not a member? Click here to learn more about our membership