The Mitten Pre-K Book Companion
Printable Preschool The Mitten Book Companion Set
The book The Mitten by Jan Brett is a wonderful story perfect for exploring in the winter. Preschool students, and their educators, are sure to enjoy the beautiful illustrations as well.
Our Preschool The Mitten Book Companion Set includes a carefully crafted collection of activities designed to complement the book; fostering early literacy skills, and vocabulary development.
Book Companion Activities:
- Immerse young learners in the story with engaging Vocabulary and Discussion Questions
Enhance comprehension and language skills while preschoolers are engaged with this wonderful story.
Note: The book "The Mitten" by Jan Brett is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library.
Book Review Worksheet:
- Encourage reflection and critical thinking with our Book Review Worksheet. This page provides an opportunity for children to express their thoughts and feelings about the story, promoting language development and comprehension.
Lacing Mitten and Story Retelling Printable Activity:
- Extend the learning experience by inviting preschoolers to enhance their fine motor skills by assembling and lacing a large mitten. Then students can retell the story as they place the animals inside the mitten.
This 8-pg. .pdf file also includes Table of contents, Terms of Service, and Directions. Please make sure you have the most current free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your PC.
- Complements "The Mitten " by Jan Brett: Specifically designed to align with the featured book. Please note that the book itself is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library separately.
- Interactive Learning: Activities are thoughtfully crafted to engage preschoolers, promoting vocabulary development, comprehension, and critical thinking.
- Printable and Reusable: Conveniently print the pages you need for multiple uses, making it suitable for classrooms, homeschooling, or a cozy activity at home.
How to Use:
1. Obtain the Book: Purchase or borrow a copy from your preferred retailer or local library.
2. Print and Explore: Print the companion activities and dive into the story with Vocabulary and Discussion Questions, fostering engagement and understanding.
3. Reflect: Use the Book Review Worksheet to encourage thoughtful reflection and expression of feelings about the story.
4. Extend the Fun: Invite preschoolers to recall the story as they assemble their very own mitten and put animal cutouts inside.
Note: This is a digital product. No physical items will be shipped.
Pre-K Printable Fun Club Members Log in and click here to download this activity!
Not a Member? Learn more about our Membership here!