Apple Sight Word Matching Activities
Use this set of Apple matching cards to create your own preschool matching centers, bingo style games (which is fun for distance learning/Virtual learning), or Group activities-there are so many ways to use it!
Use the included reproducible recording forms to write, color or mark the words you find with a “marker” of your choice (sticker, bingo dauber, etc.).
The full size apple mats can be used for physical development games (music circle, bean bag toss), outside relay games, as instructional posters, or to display the sight words on a PC for virtual learning.
These activities are ready to print using the following words: A, I, it, is, like, the - but you can easily edit them to feature any of the words your students are working on. I've included a Pre-Primer and Primer Dolch Sight Word list for your convenience.
You aren't limited to sight words! Use this editable set to create first name, color words, shape words, number words, or other beginning word matching games.
Important Please note:
This is an editable document: In order for all fields to display properly I recommend you save it, open it using the most current version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, and edit it from a PC (not a mobile device).
This 15-page download includes:
- Pre-Primer & Primer Dolch Sight Word List
- 6 Editable Apples (Single Sheet)
- 6 Editable Lunchboxes (Single Sheet)
- Editable Sight Word Match Up Form featuring 6 apples
- Recording Form (Writing)
- Full Size Editable Sight Word Apple Mats
TOS & Graphics credit
Each of the six sight words in this activity can be changed to new words of your choice. If you are using words with more than 5 characters you will need to reduce the size of your text (using the directions below) in order for the text to be displayed properly on the pieces.
Important Steps to edit:
1. Please make sure you have saved this .pdf to your PC
2. Open this document using the free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC or a .pdf viewer with editing capabilities. You can get the most current version of Adobe Reader DC here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
3. Change the sight inside the editable text boxes on page 3, and each activity will be automatically updated.
4. Use the function Ctrl+E to bring up the text menu to change and adjust your text fonts & text size.
Pre-K Printables Club Members:
Log In and https://prekprintablefun.memberspace.com/content/f68b062683b!
Not a member? Click here to learn more about our membership