Free Over in the Arctic Where the Cold Wind Blows Preschool Book Companion Set
The book Over in the Arctic: Where the Cold Winds Blow by Marianne Berkes is a fun counting book that features wonderful arctic animals.
Printable Preschool Over in the Arctic: Where the Cold Winds Blow Book Companion Set
Our Preschool Over in the Arctic: Where the Cold Winds Blow Book Companion Set includes a carefully crafted collection of activities designed to complement the book; fostering early literacy skills, and vocabulary development.
Book Companion Activities:
- Immerse young learners in the story with engaging Vocabulary and Discussion Questions
Enhance comprehension and language skills while exploring the arctic, supporting math development, and story retelling. Note: The book Over in the Arctic: Where the Cold Winds Blow by Marianne Berkes is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library.
Book Review Worksheet:
- Encourage reflection and critical thinking with our Book Review Worksheet. This page provides an opportunity for children to express their thoughts and feelings about the story, promoting language development and comprehension.
Arctic Animal Memory Game Printable Extension
- Extend the learning experience with a fun and interactive memory game. Play a fun game with your preschooler that supports number sense, counting, and recalling information.
Arctic Animal Stick Puppets Printable Extension:
· Encourage preschoolers to retell the story or create their own stories with stick puppets that feature photos of arctic animals.
This 10-pg. .pdf file also includes Table of contents, Terms of Service, and Directions. Please make sure you have the most current free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your PC.
- Complements Over in the Arctic: Where the Cold Winds Blow by Marianne Berkes Specifically designed to align with the featured book. Please note that the book itself is not included and must be purchased or borrowed from the library separately.
- Interactive Learning: Activities are thoughtfully crafted to engage preschoolers, promoting vocabulary development, comprehension, and critical thinking.
- Printable and Reusable: Conveniently print the pages you need for multiple uses, making it suitable for classrooms, homeschooling, or a cozy activity at home.
How to Use:
1. Obtain the Book: Purchase or borrow a copy from your preferred retailer or local library.
2. Print and Explore: Print the companion activities and dive into the story with Vocabulary and Discussion Questions, fostering engagement and understanding.
3. Reflect: Use the Book Review Worksheet to encourage thoughtful reflection and expression of feelings about the story.
4. Extend the Fun: Invite preschoolers to recall the events of the story by engaging in fun hands-on activities.
Pre-K Printables Club Members:
Not a member? Click here to learn more about our membership