First Words Clip Card Set
This read and clip activity is a fun pay to practice this skill. You choose which syllable sounds to work on and which pages to print. Then simply laminate and add a clothespin or marker of your choice.
When introducing this activity be sure to allow time to model and work through the words with your child so they can grasp the concept.
This activity can be used for children as young as 4-years-old, however, some children may not be ready for blending letters until age 6. Follow the child's lead, if they are interested in reading and can identify all the letters as well as their phonemes, they are likely ready for this activity.
This huge download includes over 100 printable read and clip cards!
Inside this 35-page .pdf file you will find the following read and clip cards:
- Short A: lab, jab, tab, cab, dab, gab, bad, dad, sad, pad, mad, glad, ram, yam, jam, ham, dam, clam, can, man, pan, van, fan, ran, map, cap, nap, tap, rap, gap, rat, hat, bat (2 versions) , cat, mat
- Short E: bed, wed, fed, shed, sled, beg, leg, peg. hen, ten, den, pen, men, net, pet, vet, jet, set, wet
- Short I: big, dig, fig, jig, pig, wig, rim, swim, bin, fin, pin, win, tin, chin, shin, twin, lip, zip, sip, tip, hip, dip, nip, ship, chip, trip,pit, lit, hit, sit, kit, bit.
- Short O: dog, log, hog, fog, jog, frog, cop, hop, top, mop, pop, stop, hot. cot, lot, pot, dot, jot, cod, pod, cob, job
- Short U: tub, cub, sub, rub, mud, tux, bug, pug, mug, rug, jug, dug, tug, hug, slug, gum, plum, bun, fun, gun, nun, run, sun
- AR Controlled: car, bar, jar, far, char, star
Pre-K Printables Club Members:
Log In and click here to download this product for free!
Not a member? Click here to learn more about our membership
Subscribe to my free newsletter: