Parent Engagement Newsletters and Make and Take Activities for the year
Planning for Parent Engagement can be quite time consuming, so I have created this easy to assemble Parent Engagement Series as one simple way for you to promote parent engagement in your program.
This 55-pg. download includes everything you'll need to implement this series in your program including: instructions, a parent welcome letter (describing the program), 12 2-page monthly newsletters, and printable activities that align with the newsletters.
In each each newsletter you will find a list of 5 book recommendations, along with encouragement to visit the public library to find those books as well as others.
Each newsletter also contains two activity suggestions for parents to do with their children. One of the activities is an interactive printable activity such as:
Included Printable Activities:
- September: Story Cards
- October: Trick-or-Treat Board Game
- November: Disguise the Turkey Craft
- December: Gingerbread Man Board Game
- January: Time Capsule (Download the preview to try this one for free!)
- February: Valentine's Day Writing Paper
- March: Does it Roll Science Activity
- April: Grocery Store Scavenger Hunt
- May: Collecting Flowers Board Game
- June: Summer Bingo
- July: Grilling Burgers Dramatic Play
- August: Get Ready for School Board Game
Each newsletter gives parents detailed instructions for each of the activities. A brief description of what children are learning in each activity is also included. This lays a good foundation for giving a common language between educators and their families for what children are learning as they play.
Pre-K Printables Club Members: Once you are logged in, click here to download this product for free!
Not a member? Find out more here!