Learning to Read CVC Words-Read and Clip Cards
My Learning CVC Words: Read and Clip activity pack is a fun pay to practice this skill. You choose which syllable sounds to work on and which pages to print. Then simply laminate and add a clothespin or marker of your choice.
When introducing this activity be sure to allow time to model and work through the words with your child so they can grasp the concept.
This activity can be used for children as young as 4-years-old, however, some children may not be ready for blending letters until age 6. Follow the child's lead, if they are interested in reading and can identify all the letters as well as their phonemes, they are likely ready for this activity.
This huge download includes over 100 printableread and clip cards! Inside this 35-page printable activity pack you will find the following read and clip cards:
- Short A: lab, jab, tab, cab, dab, gab, bad, dad, sad, pad, mad, glad, ram, yam, jam, ham, dam, clam, can, man, pan, van, fan, ran, map, cap, nap, tap, rap, gap, rat, hat, bat (2 versions) , cat, mat
- Short E: bed, wed, fed, shed, sled, beg, leg, peg. hen, ten, den, pen, men, net, pet, vet, jet, set, wet
- Short I: big, dig, fig, jig, pig, wig, rim, swim, bin, fin, pin, win, tin, chin, shin, twin, lip, zip, sip, tip, hip, dip, nip, ship, chip, trip,pit, lit, hit, sit, kit, bit.
- Short O: dog, log, hog, fog, jog, frog, cop, hop, top, mop, pop, stop, hot. cot, lot, pot, dot, jot, cod, pod, cob, job
- Short U: tub, cub, sub, rub, mud, tux, bug, pug, mug, rug, jug, dug, tug, hug, slug, gum, plum, bun, fun, gun, nun, run, sun
- AR Controlled: car, bar, jar, far, char, star
- Contact Info