This post contains affiliate links (what's that?)
It's time to start decking the halls! This is a fun fine motor activity perfect for the holiday season! Children love making decorations for the holidays! This is a simple, fun. low cost Christmas craft, that also builds fine motor skills!
1. Provide each child with a pine cone, and an assortment of ribbon and pom poms for decorating their pine cone tree.
2. Encourage the children to wrap their ribbons around the pine cone.
3. The children can also poke the pom pom ornaments in between the pine cone scales.
4. Allow the children to continue decorating at their own pace until they feel they are complete!
5. Celebrate the uniqueness of each one! "Kevin I see you chose to use red, and green ribbons!" "Jenny I see you added 4 pom poms to your tree!"
6. Optional: Tie a ribbon to the top to hang as an ornament from the tree!
My book picks for this activity
Below you can find some of my favorite books to compliment this activity. The Golden Pinecone by Peri Broadbent is a wonderful story to share about love during the Christmas Season. Right now the Kindle version is free for Amazon Prime members!
Looking for more
What can I help you find?
Get a year of free sample lesson plans for preschool!