This post contains affiliate links (what's that?)
It's time to start decking the halls! This is a fun fine motor activity perfect for the holiday season! Children love making decorations for the holidays! This is a simple, fun. low cost Christmas craft, that also builds fine motor skills!
To complete this activity you will need...
1. Provide each child with a pine cone, and an assortment of ribbon and pom poms for decorating their pine cone tree.
2. Encourage the children to wrap their ribbons around the pine cone.
3. The children can also poke the pom pom ornaments in between the pine cone scales.
4. Allow the children to continue decorating at their own pace until they feel they are complete!
5. Celebrate the uniqueness of each one! "Kevin I see you chose to use red, and green ribbons!" "Jenny I see you added 4 pom poms to your tree!"
6. Optional: Tie a ribbon to the top to hang as an ornament from the tree!
My book picks for this activity
Below you can find some of my favorite books to compliment this activity. The Golden Pinecone by Peri Broadbent is a wonderful story to share about love during the Christmas Season. Right now the Kindle version is free for Amazon Prime members!
Looking for more deck the hall activities?
Be sure to swing by my free Deck the Halls Lesson Planning page for more ideas!
Thank you to our guest contributor
Sheena Wheeler is the owner of Building Blocks Family Childcare. She has about 10 years experience operating her own child care business. She was introduced to this business by her grandmother who had been a home childcare provider for as long as she can remember! She is a lifelong learner, studying primarily the field of Early Childhood Education.
Sheena also works as a mentor for home based childcare providers in the area where she lives. She says she, "Enjoys helping other providers start their businesses and lending support once they are operational." You can also find her helping out as an Admin in our FB Communities.
She is also a wife and mother to three wonderful boys. In her free time she enjoys working in the garden with her boys and working on home improvements with her husband.
Thanks for stopping by! I'm Melissa. On this site you will find a variety of Pre-K Printable games and activities. Learn more!
Shop my Products