The Dollar Tree is one of my Favorite places to purchase items for DIY Educational Games, so today I'm sharing two fun and easy Fishbowl Math activities you can make for under $3 with Dollar Tree products!
Both of these Tutorials are focused around these adorable fishbowl shaped decor sheets. I found these in the teacher supply section of my Store. You will only need 1 package to complete both of these games.
Spin and Count Game
For this Spin and Count game you will need:
1. Fishbowl Decor Sheets
2. A Spinner (That I also found at the Dollar Tree in the Teacher supply Section 2/$1),
3. White or Blue Pom Poms (I picked these up in the Craft Section of the Dollar Tree
4. Tweezers (Optional): These are optional and I already had them on hand (although you can find children's tweezers at the Dollar Tree in the teacher supply section) . These add an added level of complexity to this task, and they can be used for many Educational, Fine Motor, and Science activities (definitely a great investment!)
Step 1: Provide the child with a Fishbowl sheet and 10 pom pom "Bubbles".
Directions for Game Play:
1. Have the child take turns spinning and placing the matching number of "Bubbles" on the Fishbowl Sheet.
2. (Optional) Laminate the Fishbowl sheet for durability.
Fishbowl Number Correspondence Activity
For this Number Correspondence game you will need:
1. Fishbowl Decor Sheets (Teacher Supply Section of the Dollar Tree)
2. White or Blue Pom Poms (Craft Section of the Dollar Tree)
3. Permanent Marker: I already had this at home, but they do sell them at the Dollar Tree
(Office Supply Section).
4. Tweezers (Optional): These add an additional fine motor component to the activity.
Step 1. Take out 5 Fishbowl Sheets
Step 2 . Number the Sheets 1-5 with your Marker
Step 3. (Optional) Laminate Sheets for durability
Directions for Play
You can find a variety of these Decor Sheets to vary the activities you create! Have you made an activity from Dollar Tree Products? Please feel free to share!
Thanks for stopping by! I'm Melissa. On this site you will find a variety of Pre-K printable games, activities, and resources for early childhood educators.
Why not become a member?
Shop my Products