The Dollar Tree is one of my Favorite places to purchase items for DIY Educational Games, so today I'm sharing two fun and easy Fishbowl Math activities you can make for under $3 with Dollar Tree products!
Both of these Tutorials are focused around these adorable fishbowl shaped decor sheets. I found these in the teacher supply section of my Store. You will only need 1 package to complete both of these games.
Spin and Count Game
For this Spin and Count game you will need:
1. Fishbowl Decor Sheets
2. A Spinner (That I also found at the Dollar Tree in the Teacher supply Section 2/$1),
3. White or Blue Pom Poms (I picked these up in the Craft Section of the Dollar Tree
4. Tweezers (Optional): These are optional and I already had them on hand (although you can find children's tweezers at the Dollar Tree in the teacher supply section) . These add an added level of complexity to this task, and they can be used for many Educational, Fine Motor, and Science activities (definitely a great investment!)
Step 1: Provide the child with a Fishbowl sheet and 10 pom pom "Bubbles".
Directions for Game Play:
1. Have the child take turns spinning and placing the matching number of "Bubbles" on the Fishbowl Sheet.
2. (Optional) Laminate the Fishbowl sheet for durability.
Fishbowl Number Correspondence Activity
For this Number Correspondence game you will need:
1. Fishbowl Decor Sheets (Teacher Supply Section of the Dollar Tree)
2. White or Blue Pom Poms (Craft Section of the Dollar Tree)
3. Permanent Marker: I already had this at home, but they do sell them at the Dollar Tree
(Office Supply Section).
4. Tweezers (Optional): These add an additional fine motor component to the activity.
Step 1. Take out 5 Fishbowl Sheets
Step 2 . Number the Sheets 1-5 with your Marker
Step 3. (Optional) Laminate Sheets for durability
Directions for Play
You can find a variety of these Decor Sheets to vary the activities you create! Have you made an activity from Dollar Tree Products? Please feel free to share!
Erica Payne of Erica's Educare Learning Center created an Apple Cafe, Orchard and Farmer's Market for some fun Fall Inspired Play.
Fall themed sensory bin
Sherry Whissen First Friends Family Child Care always creates some fun learning activities for her Child Care program. She created this literacy game using erasers and wooden cups.
Sherry shared this apple sorting activity she created using bins and construction paper!
Save those plastic bottles to create a fun apple bowling game!
I thought this "Apple Picking Tree" Melissa R. shared of Play N Learn Daycare was so clever!
Megan C. of Megan's Little Sprouts created these "A is for Apple" Activities for her kiddos! So much fun!
looking for some more apple inspiration?
I think these Scrapbook paper Apple Collages Pam W.'s Kids made, turned out so cute. What a fun technique, great for scissor skills too!
Visit my free apple lesson planning idea page!
When it comes to using IKEA, it doesn't surprise me why their products are so popular with Home based Childcare Provider's. Their products are reasonably priced, take up a minimal amount of space, are durable, easily modified, and they have a large variety of products to meet the needs of Home Based Providers.
Unlike other childcare furniture that is meant for large centers, IKEA's furnishings are designed for the home. This makes the scale of their furniture just the right size for Home Based Provider's (especially those with shared spaces).
In addition to Children's Furniture they also offer a wide variety of Organizational Supplies, Kitchenware, Organizing Supplies, and Toys. They have products to design all kinds of Learning Spaces in your Home (Check out my previous post on using IKEA products to create a Dramatic Play Space for your Childcare Space Here).
If you are crafty you can even use IKEA products to create Light tables, Lego Tables, and Sensory Tables for your home at a reasonable cost.
Below you will find over 45+ Photos from our Daycare Spaces and Ideas Community FB Members who are using IKEA products in their beautiful spaces.
Popular IKEA Products
CIRKUSTÄLT Children's tent
Thanks for stopping by! I'm Melissa. On this site you will find a variety of Pre-K Printable games and activities. Learn more!
Shop my Products